5 Ways To Save Money On Utility Bill
Being a homeowner isn’t easy. Between the mortgage, homeowner’s insurance and maintenance, who has the money for an increase in their utility bills? Not us. But that is just what we are seeing across the board with our customers. But never fear. There are ways to save on utility bills and still live comfortably.
- Thermostat – We have all heard that keeping the temperature in your home low and steady can reduce our utility bills but how do we do that? One great way is with a smart thermostat. Not only can a smart thermostat help maintain a low and steady temperature but the app that comes along with many of them will help you track your energy usage.
- Insulate light switches and outlets – According to Money Crashers, “This smaller project is one that’s often forgotten about because people don’t realize that outlets and switches can be sources of air leaks.” Specialized outlet and switchplates can be found at your local hardware store.
- Tankless hot water heater – Because a tankless hot water heater only heats the water as you need it, you aren’t paying for it to work all day long. Learn more here.
- Wash clothes in cold water – Not only will this save you money on your electric bill but your clothes bill as well since clothes washed in cold water last longer.
- Buy Energy Efficient Appliances – Energy efficient products use a fraction of the energy of non energy efficient appliances.
Bonus: Change your air filter on a monthly basis. A clean filter means your heating system works more efficiently. A more efficient system uses less electricity and that will show on your bill.