Spring Preparation For Your Plumbing System
Spring plumbing preparation? Who knew there was such a thing?When winter nears we know it’s time to turn off the outside pipes and bleed them in order to avoid leaks when temperatures plummet. But very few people give their plumbing a thought as the temperatures rise and water usage soars.
Spring Plumbing Preparation
- Septic System – Nobody wants to find a problem, but if you catch it now, you might be able to save yourself a lot of headaches later. Walk around your septic system and check for puddles. If you find any call us for a inspection and evaluation.
- Sump Pump – Is your sump pump ready for spring showers? This is a great time to make sure it is working properly. You don’t want to discover that it is broken during the next big storm. To test it locate your sump pump and pour water into the pit. If the pump turns on and drains then you are good to go. If not, give us a call and we can repair it or replace it for you.
- Outside Faucets – Check your outside faucets for cracks before turning your water back on. Although this has been an exceedingly mild winter there is always a chance the few freezing days we had could have left your with a problem.
- Check Your Toilets For Leaks – If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video must be worth a million. Check out this great tip for testing your toilets. It’s quick and easy and the kids will think it is fun.
- Check Exposed Pipes – If you live in an older home you may have exposed pipes. Do a quick visual check of these pipes, looking for any areas that look wet or damaged. Repairing them now may save you thousands of dollars in damage down the road.
If you find any problems during your inspection please call us. At Winstar Home Services we pride ourselves on customer service. We are proud of the number of 5 star ratings we have on countless home services websites.